The Greens works for a fair change, and today the worldwide green movement is needed more than ever. Climate change is threatening the future of our environment and our way of life. People’s well-being is threatened by changes in working life caused by the developement in the global economy. As an answer to these challenges, the green movement offers a fair and safe solution. We want to leave the world to the future generations in a better condition than it is today.
In the City of Turku, The Greens currently holds the place of the third biggest party. The next municipal elections are held on the 9th of April, 2017 and our aim is to achieve the best election results of all times. We have 100 great candidates who you´ll find here.
Our municipal elections campaign manifesto:
TOGETHER WE MAKE TURKU EVEN BETTER
EDUCATION IS THE KEY FOR A BRIGHTER FUTURE
- We will take care of the children of all ages. We’ll make sure that schools remain close to homes and that day care groups remain small. We will not make cuts to education.
- We guarantee a chance for everyone to study, work, and build a life in Turku.
- We encourage children to become members of our international and equal world.
FLOURISHING NATURE, CARBON-NEUTRAL TURKU
- We will plan Turku to become and remain an alluring city where everyone can see green nature from their window.
- We will make Turku carbon-neutral by 2040.
- We will build a light rail system in Turku and change all public transportation buses into electrical buses.
WELL-BEING AND CULTURE IN TURKU
- We promote the well-being of our citizens with preventive services and timely treatment.
- We support living city culture. Wide-ranging cultural spaces and events make our city charming and enjoyable to everyone.
- We encourage people to have an active lifystyle as a part of their daily routines and we will build a unified and safe network for cycling.
CITY FULL OF VITALITY AND DEVELOPMENT
- We will build an alluring and architectonically valuable cityscape with respect to older style.
- We will make the one-hour train to Helsinki a reality and startpassanger train traffic to Uusikaupunki.
- We use our developing city as an incentive to attract new businesses, investments, and employment opportunities to Turku.
SUSTAINABLE ECONOMY, OPEN DECISION-MAKING
- We are responsible for not straining the future generations with an unreasonable social, ecological, or economical burdening.
- We increase open and transparent decision-making so that citizens of Turku can also partake in decision-making between elections.
The decision is yours.